Master's theses MSD
Since the implementation of the program in 2005 more than 200 master’s theses have been realized. Topics range from resilience to foodwaste, consumer behavior, water kiosks, microplastics, environmental ethics, renewable resource markets, invasive fishes etc. The presented cases are from Switzerland and from all over the world.
MSD master's theses that have already been completed are recorded in the library catalog "swisscovery". They are stored at the coordination office and can be viewed on site by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For details see catalog listed by title of the thesis or catalog listed by author (student).
MSD students discuss their choice of the research topic with the responsible faculty member. They have two options:
- Students choose a topic out of a list, published by the involved research groups:
- Focus area natural sciences, Prof. Dr. P. Holm: MGU
- Focus area social sciences, NN: FNF
- Focus area economics, Prof. Dr. F. Krysiak: Environmental Economics
- or they present a topic defined by themselves.
In any case, students have to attend the course "49078: Research Design Master’s Thesis" where they learn how to develop a research question. Furthermore, a fact sheet on graduation informs about the criteria a master’s thesis has to meet and how students have to apply (fact sheet availbale as download).